Sometimes my body’s insides feel sluggish and I need a boost, but not a coffee type boost. Ever have that feeling too? This simple and inexpensive drink is a great way for you to detox, and get great health benefits.
Like you, I hear about lemon water and how it’s good for you. And in the last couple of years it’s all about flavoring your waters with fruit. But there’s more to lemon water, as in taking it to a whole new level. See, when you squeeze the lemon and add the juice to your water, you are getting just that, just the juice. But what about the whole lemon? Doesn’t that have value, the peel? Yes, actually it does! The lemon peel is actually how you get Lemon Essential Oil, and what great properties that has. So maybe whole lemon water could actually be better, right? Heck yeah, and I’ve been making and drinking whole lemon water for the last year. And yes, I feel the difference.
Detox your Body
Whole lemon water helps detox your organs, such as your liver and kidneys. When you sleep, some of your organs go to work to help restore your body. To maintain those organs’ efficiency, drinking whole lemon water first thing in the morning aids in keeping your organs healthy. It’s like a natural flush.
Whole lemon water has a vitamin C punch, giving you a little immune boost.
Though lemons are acidic, once it hits your insides, it becomes alkaline, nourishing your cells and improving digestive health.
- Helping flush your body’s organs, digestive tract, and giving a Vitamin C punch.
- By helping flush the body, whole lemon water can lead to nicer, healthier skin (vitamin C is needed for collagen reproduction).
- With that vitamin C punch, drinking whole lemon water first thing in the morning helps the body to absorb the vitamins more easily.
- Helps alkaline your insides, despite lemons being acidic.
- Using whole lemons provide D-limonene, found in the peel which contains an anti-cancer property.
- The peel also contains oligomeric proathocyanidins (OPCS), powerful antioxidants with antihistamine effects.
- Helps with shedding pounds. Lemons contain pectin, a type of fiber that makes you feel fuller.
- Lifts your mood. This great citrus gives that lift and boosts your energy.
How to Buy and Utilize Lemons
When you go to buy lemons, opt for organic. Pick yellow ones; they are most ripened and juiciest. And if you cannot get organic, then wash them well before using. If you buy too many to use, keep them in your frig until use (just put them on the counter overnight so they become room temperature and juicy before using). DIY recipe below.
Just a note: lemons are acidic before getting into your digestive tract. Make sure you rinse your mouth thoroughly to rid the acid from harming your teeth enamel.
Let’s start drinking Whole Lemon Water!
- Whole lemon water detoxes some important organs
- Gives that little Vitamin C punch
- Boosts immune system
- Flushes digestive tract
- Alkaline digestive tract
- Helps shed pounds
- Lifts mood and energy
- Contains pectin, D-limonene, and OPCS
- It’s good for you
UPDATE: A QUICK LITTLE STORY.
My mother suffers from kidney stones and not that long ago she had one bad kidney stone attack that put her on the floor and ready to call 911. Luckily it passed and she was able to make a doctor’s appointment to get this checked out. Sure enough, she had some big kidney stones that needed removing. Instead of surgery, I suggested her trying my whole lemon water regime for a few weeks. So she drank her 4-6oz of whole lemon water first thing in the morning (along with increasing in her spring water intake throughout the day). I’m happy to report [and knocking on wood], she has not complained about her kidney stone attack*
*this product is not intended to replace, diagnose, treat, cure, and prevent any diseases. Always consult with your physician. Statements not evaluated by the FDA.